Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Let me catch you up to speed...

I think it would be prudent to fill you in on the past few days, and also some basic information about me.

I am not losing the weight to be attractive to you or anyone else. I am losing it for my health. I am borderline hypertensive, I have slight spinal osteoarthritis, and I am lined up perfectly to be a diabetic. Woot.

I am 6'6" tall. The heaviest I have ever been is 360lbs. That was a BMI of 41.6, which is "Morbidly Obese". Consult the following chart:



On January 20, 2009, I started the diet. I was 345lbs, and my BMI was 39.9. An improvement, yes, but not nearly enough.

I was fairly faithful to my diet since then. Sunday I traveled to meet friends in Louisville, so I did cheat then. But when and what I did eat, I ate in extreme moderation. That seems to be my pattern right now. If I do cheat, I do it very tiny.

For Example: Yesterday at work, I saw a box of oreos. Oh my, how I wanted one. Definately not on my diet, but I wanted one. So what did I do?

I ate one.

Just one...I ate it slowly, and enjoyed the taste of it. And I was satisfied!

Next blog: current status!

No comments:

Post a Comment